Monday, November 21, 2011

Thumbs and Fingers 001





I can't believe how little I've actually done in digital painting/drawing of landscapes considering how much of a fascination I have with them. I had always put speed painting on this pedestal of something that can only be done by people like Thierry Doizon, Feerik, Sparth, Andrew Jones... etc. and I've always been more of a clinical person when it came to perspective and the technical stuff of being creative.... that I almost neglected putting things in practice.

What's stopping me? ...... nothing.

I'll have to say this was my first honest-to-goodness speed painting exercise.
First pic was a couple of hours of noodling.
Second pic was under an hour including gathering all the ref pics.
Will have to get faster at this.

2 comments:

  1. the paintings with the large flat tall stones and the red cloaked people is the start of something brilliant!

    Dude your work is really realy impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a bunch, Adam! oh man, it's been just about a year since this!

    ReplyDelete