Monday, September 26, 2011

Tribute to Betteo's berry.rainbow



One of my favorite illustrators is from Mexico.
Patricio Betteo has a way with mixing forms and texture into abstract shapes while giving just the right amount of closure to play with our perception.

Betteo's Blog

I don't think my tribute can compare at all, but I really wanted to give that atmosphere a try.
(and just a few days ago I realized that I missed the fact that there's a street light in front of the house in the actual painting :[ )


Here's the final



I still have tons to learn.


exciting

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! It means so much to me and gives me the encouragement to go forth, Sir Betteo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike i really like the painterly feel to this. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch Adam! Great to hear from ya

    ReplyDelete