Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Progress Shots: The Bus Stop

This screen was from a piece I did after getting inspired by seeing these 4 recycling bins around the fine arts building at York University. They each had a different silhouette and were placed beside a street lamp. I thought it would be awesome to start this piece by trying to show these 4 figures waiting for a bus.


It's obviously deviated quite a bit from that idea. I was talking to my classmate Ed Squires about remembering that 3D doesn't have to be about conventional usage of space because the screen we watch is like a stage where we have free reign to manipulate everything.

From trying to make 4 figures standing at a realistic roadside curb, I changed its direction to be a tribute to the theatre that I had done in highschool. There's a stretched canvas disc in the middle as a faux light source and a play on shadow on the floor. Some slow moving trees are also in the foreground.



This one goes out to all of the Bonsai Cacti Crew.
You know who you are.

cheers,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment